Hooray for 4th of July!
Independence Day is right around the corner….and we just love getting together with friends and family to celebrate our country. And since Everett loves a celebration, there’s plenty of festivities around town or you can have fun right in your own backyard. Hosting parties is something we know a little about. Looking for some creative ideas to get your backyard BBQ on point? Here’s some simple ideas that we just love…
- Refreshment Station: Find a creative way to display refreshments…try a wheelbarrow, a wagon, or an old metal wash basin, fill with ice, and quench your thirst with your favorite refreshments.
- Gourmet Burger Bar: grill up some delicious patties (turkey, vegan, etc.), set up stations with condiments in mason jars (try some fancy hot sauces to really turn up the heat), add platters of tasty cheeses and veggies, then tada….you’re all set for the party. And you can even decorate with sparklers, pinwheels, and festive lights. The sky’s the limit!
- Potato Chips: We love those crispy little treats….maybe a little too much at times. But it’s a BBQ and it wouldn’t be complete without them. Use individual paper gift bags, found at your local craft store, add a personalized label, then fill with your favorite chips. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even make your own chips. We love this Chili Lime Baked Chips recipe….delish!!
- Mason Jar Mini Cheesecake: We just LOVE a mini and even better, dessert, so it’s the perfect pairing. Try this yummy No-Bake Berry Cheesecake recipe, a super simple way to add a little flair to your party and jazz up your dessert table.
And if you’re looking to venture out and celebrate this holiday weekend, we have some local festivities to fit everyone’s fancy….
- Portland Craft Beer Festival: July 1-3 at the Fields Neighborhood Park in NW Portland’s Pearl District. Enjoy locally-brewed artisan beers and get a taste of why Portland is a mecca for craft beers. Cheers!
- Waterfront Blues Festival: July 1-4 at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park. If blues is your jam, enjoy concerts all weekend long from various artists and picnic at the waterfront. Concerts are playing from 11am to 11pm, so come down and enjoy the music.
- 4th of July Run: If you haven’t signed up, this event is already closed, but you can always cheer everyone on. For those of you who are….get those running shoes ready and enjoy the scenery on the Foot Traffic Flat, through Sauvie Island. Whether you’re running the Farm Fest 5k or the Full Marathon, we wish you best of luck! Go get ’em!!
Looking for the best place to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July? Here’s some of our fave spots….
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park: If you’re at the Blues Festival, fireworks will be blasting off at 10:05pm.
- Oaks Park: Enjoy carnival rides and roller skating before the fireworks begin at dusk.
- Fort Vancouver: This is one of our favorite fireworks displays, so enjoy the show at 10:05pm.
- North Plains: Another great spot to picnic and take in the festivities, beginning at 10pm.
- St. Paul Rodeo: On our top 5 list for a reason! Around since 1935, this small town rodeo offers BIG time fun. Catch the rodeo all weekend long and watch the fireworks on the 4th, starting at 10:15pm.
We very much appreciate all of those who have fought for our independence and our amazing country! From all of us at Everett Custom Homes, we wish all of you a wonderful and safe 4th of July!